11.11.05

Falling Up



kyle warner, 2003 – acrylic & charcoal on board and drawing paper
Have you ever felt like someone suddenly turned gravity off? The reality I live can often become nothing more than a game; governed by rules and competition, I sometimes feel like a pawn. I was not made for this game. I have been fashioned and reworked over and over for an entirely different purpose, even if I don’t always know what it is. Even though the chessboard may fall apart and float into the blackness, the stone that this little pawn has been carved of will remain.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

the good thing is, if everything else gets blown away and all that is left is me, the pawn, there are no pieces left to jump me.

November 16, 2005 1:08 AM  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

or slaughter you rather

November 17, 2005 12:28 AM  
Blogger Teach_2_Me said...

i wouldn't talk mr...whatever josh said...not too many posts from you lately ): happy turkey day to you too!

November 23, 2005 1:22 PM  
Blogger W said...

wow. i can just feel the love. you guys crack me up! :-)

November 25, 2005 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home